The Konark Sun Temple is one of the famous temples of Hindu Religion, located in the Puri district of Odisha. This temple was built in the 13th century CE (the year 1250). It is the Sun Temple at Konark. This Temple was built by King Narasimhadeva I of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty around 1250 BC. Konark Sun Temple (କୋଣାର୍କ ସୂର୍ଯ୍ୟ ମନ୍ଦିର |) is situated in the modest and spiritual city of Odisha, Puri. This is one of the famous pilgrimage places in the Hindu Religion. Through this article, we will share the details about Konark Sun Temple Darshan, Opening Time, Entry Fee, and Visiting Hours. Check out the complete details by reading below.
Konark Sun Temple Darshan
As we have mentioned above the “Konark Sun Temple” is situated at the Konark about 35 kilometers (22 mi) northeast of Puri city on the coastline in Puri district, Odisha. Konark Sun is dedicated to Lord Surya (Sun). The Sun Temple at Konark is the pinnacle of Odisha Temple Architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This temple is the culmination of seven hundred years of hard work in search of perfection. Built by King Narasimha Deva I in the 12th century and dedicated to the Sun God (Suryadev), the Sun Temple of Konark mesmerizes us with its massive structure, symmetry, precision, and intricate details.
The height of the Sun Temple at Konark is estimated to be around 227 feet, making it one of the tallest temples ever built in the country. However, what remains today is the impressive Jagamohana (Entrance Hall) with the sanctum sanctorum has but almost collapsed. The other structure that still stands amidst the ruins is the Natya Mandap minus the roof. In this post, we will share the Konark Sun Temple Darshan Booking along with the Opening Time, Entry Fee, Visiting Hours, and other details.
Konark Sun Temple Darshan & Opening Timing
|Temple Darshan Timing
|5:00 AM to 11:00 PM
|Monday to Sunday
|Temple Opening Timing
|Monday to Sunday
|Temple Closing Time
|Monday to Sunday
Konark Sun Temple Visiting Hours
The Sun Temple at Konark is one of the most ancient temples in Odisha as well as India. It is situated at the famous pilgrimage site ‘Puri’. People came here across the world and performed prayers and darshan of the Lord Surya. This is the tallest temple in the Country. This temple opens at 5:00 AM daily and closes at 11:00 PM. During this duration, the temple is never prohibited and closed for the Darshan. So, the Visiting Hours of the Konark Sun Temple are 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM. This temple is open 18 Hours for devotees to Darshan of the Sun (Surya). It is open every day and not any special entries and many more for the Devotees.
Konark Sun Temple Entry Fee
Here are the details bout the Konark Sun Temple Ticket Price & Entry Fee. Just look at the below table:-
|Indian Citizens & SAARC/ BIMSTEC Visitors
|Rs. 10 Per Head (Children up to 15 years free)
|US $5 or ₹250/- per head
(Children up to 15 years free)
Konark Sun Temple Archaeological Museum Timings
- The Archaeological Museum Timing at the Konark Temple is 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
- It is open from Monday- to Sunday, all days, except Friday. On Friday, the Museum is closed.
- The Entrance fee for The Konark Temple Archaeological Museum is Rs. 5/- per head.
- Entry for Children up to 15 years is completely free.
- The best time to visit the Konark Sun Temple is from November to February.
- Konark Sun Temple LIGHT & SOUND SHOW starting at 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm (Daily).
- The Ticket Price for Konark Sun Temple LIGHT & SOUND SHOW is Rs 30/- per head
Konark Sun Temple Rituals
There are some important rituals performed by the devotees at Konark Sun Temple listed below:-
- Couples who do not have children can get a boon to become parents having performed some rituals here.
- They have to spend 21 days in the Konark Sun temple.
- Both Morning and evening the couples who hope to become parents have to walk (Pradakshanas) around the Sun temple.
- It is the most beloved ritual, performed by thousands of devotees to full fill his/her wish of becoming parents.
Festivals at Konark Sun Temple
Some special festivals are popular and celebrated at the Konark Sun Temple. Thousands of people appeared at the occasions of these festivals, it is listed below:-
|Magh Saptami (February)
|Konark dance festival
|Between 1st -5th December(Every year)
How to Reach at Konark Sun Temple?
|Puri Bus Stand- (35 km from Konark Temple)
|Puri Railway Station- (31 km from Konark Temple)
|Bhubaneshwar Airport- 64 km from Konark Temple)