Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple is dedicated to “Goddess Meenakshi and Lord Sundareswara”. A beautiful architecture in Dravidian style which attracts tourists and devotees. This temple was constructed in the time of Pandya’s reign according to the scriptures. This temple is presently located in the Madurai city of Tamil Nadu and is maintained by the HR and CE departments of Tamil Nadu. The God of Madurai Temple is an incarnation of Lord Shiva. Meenakshi Amman temple is designed in a beautiful format with majestic architecture, paintings, sculptures, and intricate carvings giving an aura of spirituality.
Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple Darshan
This also has become the tourist place where millions of tourists visit yearly. Visiting the Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple will give you a rich experience. Many festivals are celebrated in this temple such as Chitra festival, Avanimoola festival, Navarathri, Float festival, etc. During the festival time, devotees love to visit this temple. It is a historically famous temple that the Islamic conquerors destroyed but later constructed to its old structure.
Many Hindu devotees come across the states and visit this temple. You need to book a ticket for darshan and need to have pooja timings. You can also check the official website where all the details are mentioned. Through this article, we will share Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple Darshan, Pooja Timings, and content details.
Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple Darshan Timings
|Morning Darshan Timing
|Evening Worship Timing
|Monday to Sunday
|04:00 to 12:30
|16:00 to 22:00
Meenakshi Amman Temple Pooja Timings
|05:00 – 06:00
|06:30 – 07:15
|06:30 – 07:15
|10:30 – 11:15
|Uchikkala Pooja (Noon Pooja)
|10:30 – 11:15
|16:30 – 17:15
|Ardhajama Pooja (Night Pooja)
|19:30 – 20:15
|21:30 – 22:00
NOTE:- Above mentioned timings of darshan and pooja may change on festivals. You have to make sure timings of the temple before visiting on the festivals.
- அருள்மிகு மீனாட்சி சுந்தரேஸ்வரர் திருக்கோயில், சித்திரை வீதி மதுரை, – 625001.
- : 04522344360
- : jceomdu_31962[dot]hrce[at]tn[dot]gov[dot]in
Q.1 What is the timing of the darshan at Meenakshi Temple Madurai?
- You can enter from 5 AM to 12.30 PM in the Meenakshi temple. this is an entry time. If you miss this time then you can visit from 4 PM to 9.30 PM for darshan.
Q.2 What is the time to visit Meenakshi Temple?
- There is no charge for entrance and it is open all days of the week for people. Darshan timings for devotees are 04:30 am to 12:30 pm and again from 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm.
Q.3 Can we wear jeans to Meenakshi Temple?
- No, you have to wear a traditional dress code for darshan. You are not allowed jeans, skirts, shorts, etc.
Q.4 Is there a VIP darshan in Meenakshi Temple?
- VIP darshan ticket is INR 15000 for darshan. If you do not want to stand in the queue then you can book VIP darshan tickets.