In the Hindu religion, Hariyali Amavasya is a very auspicious festival that has great religious significance. This festival occurs in the rainy season every year and is celebrated in many states of India. Hariyali Amavasya is especially dedicated to nature and on this day there is a tradition of taking a pledge to make the universe green by planting trees and taking care of the plants. Moreover, this day is devoted to worshipping Lord Shiva and seeking blessings. In this blog post, we have covered all the important aspects of Hariyali Amavasya 2024 Vrat Katha along with the Puja Vidhi, Mantra, Importance, and Date.
Hariyali Amavasya 2024
Let’s read about the historical information about the Hariyali Amavasya festival. So Hariyali means “Greenery”, hence Hariyali Amavasy occurs on the moon festival during the rainy season. This is a very prominent festival for Hindu people and is highly celebrated in the states like Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, and Rajasthan. One day after Shravan Shivratri and three days before Hariyali Teej, which occurs in Shukla Paksha, is observed as Hariyali Amasya.
In the northern states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, and Himachal Pradesh, Hariyali Amavasya enjoys great fame. However, it is referred to as Gatari Amavasya in Maharashtra, Chukkaal Amavasya in Andhra Pradesh, Aadi Amavasai in Tamil Nadu, and Chitalagi Amavasya in Orissa. Here know the importance of this day including Hariyali Amavasya 2024 Vrat Katha and Puja Vidhi PDF through this post below.
Importance of Hariyali Amavasya Festival
As you know, all the Hindu festivals have importance and significance. Similarly, the “Hariyala Amavasya” has great importance in the Hindu religion. On this auspicious day, everyone worshipped the Lord Shiva with full devotion and dedication. According to Hindu mythology, Amavasya means no moon day and Hariyali means greenery, therefore Hariyali Amavasya occurs during Sawan month when there is greenery everywhere. Radha Krishna is also worshipped on this auspicious day of Hariyali Amavasya, and devotees go to different Radha Krishna temples to have a special darshan.
There are a lot of devotees who go to the temples in Mathura and Vrindavan. The Banke Bihari temple, also known as Phool Bangla, is adorned with a variety of flowers. The temple is crowded with thousands of pilgrims. During Shravana Month, devotees flock to prominent Shiva temples, which are also embellished with floral arrangements, in hopes of catching a glimpse of the Lord.
Hariyali Amavasya 2024 Vrat Katha PDF
On this day, you must also recite the Vrat Katha of Hariyali Amavasya. Here we have provided the pdf of Vrat Katha in Hindi language. You can easily download the Full Hariyali Amavasya Vrat Katha:-
|Hariyali Amavasya 2024 Vrat Katha
|Hariyali Amavasya and Hariyali Teej
|Katha Download Link
|Puja Vidhi, Mantra
Hariyali Amavasya 2024 Date & Time
|Hariyali Amavasya Date
|Sunday, August 4, 2024
|Amavasya Tithi Begins
|03:50 PM on Aug 03, 2024
|Amavasya Tithi Ends
|on 04:42 PM on Aug 04, 2024
Hariyali Amavasya 2024 Puja Vidhi
All devotees who want to perform the Pooja on the Hariyala Amavasya but don’t know the correct puja vidhi. So don’t worry you just follow the below-mentioned Puja Vidhi steps:-
- First of all, you have to wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- After that, special food is made for the Brahmins and puja vidhi is performed to pacify the ancestors.
- Then, devotees have to start worshiping Lord Shiva and pray for his blessings.
- During the pooja, devotees must chant mantras and sing hymns to Lord Shiva.
- In the temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, followers participate in special darshan and rituals where they fast and show gratitude to Hindu deities.
- Only when the worship rituals are over is the food consumed.
- Big fairs are also organized on Hariyali Amavasya. On this day, older women offer prayers for their spouses’ health and well-being.
Hariyali Amavasya Mantras
- हरियाली अमावस्या पर सूरज ढलने के बाद हनुमान जी के समक्ष चमेली के तेल का दीपक जलाकर 108 बार श्रीराम के मंत्र का जाप करें. इससे नकारात्मक विचार नहीं आएंगे और हर काम में सफलता मिलेगी!
- ‘ऊँ आपदामम हर्तारम दातारं सर्व सम्पदाम,लोकाभिरामं श्री रामं भूयो नामाम्यहम!
- श्री रामाय रामभद्राय रामचंद्राय वेधसे,रघुनाथाय नाथाय सीताया पतये नम: